Apple-Samsung Jury May Just Eyeball The Devices To Reach a Verdict, (Venture Beat, August 6, 2012).
Theft of Trade Secrets
Trade Secret Misappropriation Before the ITC, (IP Frontline, March 11, 2013).
Protecting Intellectual Property, Best Practices (Searchsecurity.com, November 1, 2012).
An Analysis of Economic Espionage Act Prosecutions: What Companies Can Learn From It and What the Government Should Be Doing About It! BNA’s Patent, Trademark & Copyright Journal Vol. 84, No. 2081, page 894 (September 21, 2012).
A Look At 16 Years Of EEA Prosecutions, (Law360, September 19, 2012).
Four Lessons Every Company Needs to Know About Protecting It’s Trade Secrets, (Westlaw Journal Intellectual Property, May 3, 2012).
Chinese Espionage: The Risks Within U.S. Companies, (Forbes, April, 24, 2012).
Aleynikov and Nosal, 2 Major Government Setbacks, (Law360, April 24, 2012).
Limiting the Scope of the EEA: U.S. v. Aleynikov, (Law360, February 27, 2012).
In Social Media World, Protect Your Trade Secrets, (Washington Business Journal, May 6, 2011).
Amending the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, (Bloomberg BNA Electronic Commerce & Report, April 10, 2013).
Should Lying About Your Age Be a Federal Crime?, (Corporate Counsel, May 2, 2013).
How Congress Can Create A Lasting Legacy for Aaron Swartz, (Forbes February 15, 2013).
Disclosing CyberSecurity Incidents: The SEC Weighs In, (Forbes, June 4, 2012).
The Rise of Cell Phone Hacking: Oh, to be Young, Pretty and a Hollywood Superstar, (Daily Journal, October 4, 2011).
Computer Fraud Act Aids in Trade Secret Protection, (New York Law Journal, May 13, 2010).
The Serious Risks from Counterfeit Electronic Parts (Forbes, July 11, 2012).
Social Media Articles
Disciplining Employees for Unapproved Posts (Washington Business Journal, May 6, 2011)
Your Private Posts are Less Private Then You Think, (Law360, September 28, 2011).
The Treatment of Intellectual Property Under Bankruptcy Law, (The Bankruptcy Strategist, February 2009).
The Intersection of Intellectual Property and Bankruptcy Law (Patent, Trademark & Copyright, BNA, June 12, 2009) (Winner 2010 Burton Award for Excellence in Legal Writing).
The Intersection of Intellectual Property and Bankruptcy Law, (Law360, February 2009).
The Opposite of Poverty, (University of San Francisco Lawyer, Fall 2012).
As seen on
"A must-have desk reference.... A practical all-in-one legal resource on intellectual property and computer crimes...." — The Vermont Bar Journal
Recent Media Mentions
- "Ban On Chinese IT Creates Contracting Headaches," (Law360, May 10, 2013).
- "Chinese Suspected in Hacking Infrastructure: Real cyberwar or just fear mongering? " (HackSurfer, May 8, 2013).
- "Cybersecurity lobbying doubled in 2012," (CNNMoney, April 8, 2013).
- "Cellphone Search Confusion Begs For High Court Review," (Law360, May 2, 2013).
- "AP Records Seizure Fuels Push To Limit Gov't Snooping," (May 16, 2013).
- "Narrow Monsanto Patent Ruling Ducks Self-Replication Issue," (Law360, May 13, 2013).
- "Lawyers Weigh In On Supreme Court's Monsanto Ruling," (Law360, May 13, 2013).
- " 9th Circ. Eases Subpoena Compliance For Yahoo, Others," (Law360, April 16, 2013)
- "Rubber Band Patent Rejection Could Bounce Apple Back to Court," (E-Commerce Times, April 3, 2013).
- "Obama Puts Cybersecurity On Pedestal With Budget Boost," (Law360, April 11, 2013).
- "Bloomberg's Terminal Snooping May Draw Criminal Charges," (Law360, May 14, 2013).
- "EC May Go Easy on Google," (E-Commerce Times, April 26, 2013).
- "Cyber Financial Extortion: The big business problem no one wants to talk about," (HackSurfer, May 10, 2013).
- "With Email Ban, King & Spalding Misses Bigger Picture," (Law360, April 17, 2013).