You can count on me to help protect and enforce your intellectual property rights whether you are an individual inventor or a small enterprise, and regardless of the amount involved. I have been retained by companies shortly before trial and have stepped in and successfully saved the case. I am ready to fight for your rights at any stage of the litigation.
A Dubious Decision: Eleventh Circuit Finds Scraping of Data from a Public Website Can Constitute Theft of Trade Secrets (Part I)
- What To Watch As Congress Mulls Federal Privacy Legislation (Law360, February 25, 2019).
- Just About Everything in an Apple Store is Protected by Law, Including its Shopping Bags, (Fashion Law, May 9, 2017).
- The 37-Page Letter That Could Make Uber's Problems So Much Worse (Wired, Dec. 20, 2017).
- Uber accused of hacking, spying on competitors in court filing (WSB-TV 2 Atlanta, Dec. 18, 2017)
- New Evidence Could Blow Open the Uber/Waymo Self-Driving Lawsuit (Wired, Dec. 15, 2017).
- "Trial Pros: Weisbrod Matteis' Peter Toren," (Law360, May 20, 2016).
The Sedona Conference’s Commentary on the Proper Identification of Asserted Trade Secrets in Misappropriation Cases.
- Co-author: Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016 Handbook, (Wolters Kluwer, 2016).
- Author: Intellectual Property and Computer Crimes, published by the Law Journal Press division of American Lawyer Media. Considered a “must have desk reference for an overview of copyrights, patents, trade secrets, trademarks, computer crime and the key federal and state statutes pertaining to intellectual property and computer crime.” First published in 2003, has been updated twice a year since then. Featured in the Bowdoin College magazine, Spring 2010.
- Protection of Trade Secrets by Law Firms, Federal Bar Council Quarterly, Sept./Oct./Nov. 2018, at 10.
- Some Lessons From the Waymo (Alphabet) Versus Uber Theft of Trade Secret Litigation, February 14, 2018, (http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2018/02/14/waymo-uber-theft-trade-secret-litigation/id=93528/).
- Trump Campaign Officials Likely Violated the CFAA, Law360, November 15, 2017 (https://www.law360.com/articles/985452/trump-campaign-officials-likely-violated-cfaa).
- Who Will Rescue The U.S. Patent System? Law360, September 28, 2017 (https://www.law360.com/ip/articles/968560/who-will-rescue-the-us-patent-system-).
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, GPSolo, ABA Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Section, September/October 2017 (Selected as Best of ABA Sections).
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, Landslide-A publication of the ABA Section of Intellectual Property, Vol. 9, No. 5 May/June 2017 (https://www.americanbar.org/content/aba/tools/digitalassetabstract.html/content/dam/aba/publications/landslide/2017-may-june/aba-landslide-v009n05-computer-fraud-abuse-act.pdf).
- Available Remedies under the DTSA, IPWatchdog, July 18, 2016 (http:// http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2016/07/18/available-remedies-dtsa/id=70899/).
- Handle with Care: Civil Seizure Under the Defend Trade Secrets Act, IP Watchdog, July 5, 2016 (http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2016/07/05/handle-care-civil-seizure-defend-trade-secrets-act/id=70438/).
- Misappropriation of a Trade Secret Under the DTSA, IPWatchdog, June 10, 2016 (http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2016/06/10/misappropriation-trade-secret-dtsa/id=69826/).
- Definition of a ‘Trade Secret’ Under the DTSA, IPWatchdog, May 24, 2016, (http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2016/05/24/defintion-trade-secret-dtsa/id=69262/).
- Five Things to Know About the Defend Trade Secrets Act, IPWatchdog, May 11, 2016 (http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2016/05/11/five-things-know-defend-trade-secrets-act/id=68954/).
- Are You Making 'Reasonable Efforts' to Safeguard Your Client's Information? Legaltech news, March 10, 2016 (http://m.legaltechnews.com/?)
- 2016 Marks 30th Anniversary of CFAA – Time for a Change, Law360, January 3, 2016 (http://www.law360.com/ip/articles/739442/2016-marks-30th-anniversary-of-cfaa-time-for-a-change).